February is LBGT history month
Marking LGBT history this month, we have created this infographic showing the timeline leading to decriminalisation of homosexuality in Scotland.
(Click on image to enlarge)
Shepherd and Wedderburn are committed to diversity within the organisation. The firm participates in the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority) annual Diversity in the Legal Profession survey. We collected responses from all employees on an anonymous basis. You can find the results of the survey findings here.
Meet our diversity champions
You can click on the links below to find out about our diversity champions:
We have made significant steps forward in promoting a fair and diverse workplace, but there is always more to do. The following is an example of just some of the steps we have taken to date:
- All our employees are paid at least the minimum wage.
- Attained Two Tick Status in recognition of our work with disabled prospective and current employees
- All employees have completed a Diversity and Equality Training Module
- We have attained Investors in Young People award
- We offer mentoring support for all 18 to 24 year olds within the organisation across legal and non-legal disciplines
- Completed a Gender pay gap analysis
- Profiled our vacancies using a broader range of media and established links with a broader range of educational institutions
- Continued and expanded our work with the Prime initiative promoting social mobility into the profession – we are a founding firm for the Prime Initiative in Scotland
- Offered Diploma funding and maintenance allowances for incoming trainees to promote social mobility within the profession
- Introduced Diversity audit for major suppliers of services to the business
- In the last year seven female partners have joined the partnership raising the percentage of female partners to 27%
- Enhanced our maternity and shared parental leave provision.
- The firm is a Stonewall Equality Champion
Our work in promoting equality and diversity in the workplace goes on and we look forward to sharing our further achievements in this area with you.