Shepherd and Wedderburn’s Transatlantic Disputes team can offer what few others can: dual US/UK qualified and experienced litigators. We know that the different legal systems can look deceptively similar and our dual-qualified lawyers know the hidden nuances and strategise across borders, seeing the big picture as well as understanding the detail from both the US and UK perspectives. Our dual-qualified lawyers combine their knowledge of the two systems to ensure that nothing is lost in translation.
Our dual qualified and experienced expert litigators can help:
- provide US litigation and investigation support in the EU
- advise UK companies and individuals involved in US litigation
- counsel US companies and individuals involved in UK litigation
- conduct and assist in cross-border regulatory investigations and proceedings
- provide US/EU competition and compliance advice
Our team includes three dual-qualified partners, specialising in Dispute Resolution, International Arbitration and Regulation and Compliance, assisted by four additional staff members who are either dual US/UK qualified or have significant US litigation experience. The members of our team have been involved in civil litigation in a number of US District Courts, US Courts of Appeal, the US Supreme Court, as well as state and local courts.
Services we can provide in the UK:
- Discovery / Disclosure
- Data Gathering and Review
- Serving and responding to subpoenas
- Court applications
- Enforcement of judgements within the EU
- Legal privilege advice
"They inspire confidence with their detailed expertise and drive." ─ Chambers and Partners